Major issue in both sets of code, mine and the Fulltons is the ‘Shot’ variable.
Well, not in entirely.
The error #1009 stems from the public function shootListener. This was my first serious practice using breakpoints and I was happy to see they worked amazingly well. I added a trace line to see if:
- Shooting worked.
- If it worked, it would go to my trace line stating it worked.
- It would finish the if/else statement
Just to test and make sure I have all my ‘shots’ call correct, I removed my private variable ‘shots’ and checked all the lines of code it pertained to.
I then restored private var ‘shots’ and proceeded to debug my  movie with the above break points.
 
Bingo.
 
The major crash happened when the player launched the shootListener via MouseEvent.
Update: I’ve dug deeper and it’s gone into the GameFrameWork class that has a TimerEvent assigned.
GameFrameWork. as
public function runGame(e:TimerEvent):void        {            systemFunction();                        e.updateAfterEvent();
       }
Most specifically, the TimerEvent argument.I  found that when it came to debugging, it was deeper into Adobe’s hard  scripts…so I think I’m going to give this project a rest and come back  to it when I can code around the problem.

Major issue in both sets of code, mine and the Fulltons is the ‘Shot’ variable.

Well, not in entirely.

The error #1009 stems from the public function shootListener. This was my first serious practice using breakpoints and I was happy to see they worked amazingly well. I added a trace line to see if:

- Shooting worked.

- If it worked, it would go to my trace line stating it worked.

- It would finish the if/else statement

Just to test and make sure I have all my ‘shots’ call correct, I removed my private variable ‘shots’ and checked all the lines of code it pertained to.

I then restored private var ‘shots’ and proceeded to debug my  movie with the above break points.

 

Bingo.

 

The major crash happened when the player launched the shootListener via MouseEvent.


Update: I’ve dug deeper and it’s gone into the GameFrameWork class that has a TimerEvent assigned.

GameFrameWork. as

public function runGame(e:TimerEvent):void
        {
            systemFunction();
            
            e.updateAfterEvent();

       }

Most specifically, the TimerEvent argument.I found that when it came to debugging, it was deeper into Adobe’s hard scripts…so I think I’m going to give this project a rest and come back to it when I can code around the problem.

7 November 2011 ·

45 notes

  1. fromthehead posted this

I am...

From the Treehouse.